Tuesday 3 May 2016

It's Not a Race, Stop Rushing

There was a time I thought that by a certain time in life you should be settled in life and living well. Years later, that was thrown back into my face lol yes it really was.

You see, I thought I was in a race, I constantly put myself under pressure to achieve things by a certain time but then I came across a scripture that stopped in my tracks.

'He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end' - Ecclesiastes 3:11

In life you can run fast but not be going nowhere in particular, you're just running because you want to chase down others while there are people who walk and have a destination in sight and know that they will get there at the right time.
Stop putting yourself under pressure to conform to society and to what other people think.
Just be you, walk with God, when he says it's time, things will happen for you.

A wise man once said this - 'Enjoy where you are on the way to where you are going'. So many people want to go and achieve everything without finding internal happiness, peace and joy. Why not find yourself first and let everything happen when it is supposed to happen. If it's already in the supernatural then it will come to pass in the natural state.

School, College, University, Marriage, Getting a Job, Buying your first home and so forth, they will all happen at some stage in your life but when it happens is for God to reveal to you. Don't try and get bogged down if you haven't got married by 30 or you haven't been to Uni yet, you can't hurry God.
Everything will become perfect in it's time, Everything will fall into place when we stop resisting God.

Life isn't a race, it's a journey. Someday you will reach your Promise Land, The Land of Promise. On this walk, many people will chase you down because they are obsessed with beating you. Don't get caught doing that, we should stop trying to race other people.

I'm now 28, I'm a work in progress, I can't be rushed, God knows when my time is, and when it's time we will really go. Until then, I'm content and enjoying life.

'I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time' - Ecclesiastes 9:11

'Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God' - Hebrews 12:1-2
This passage lets me know that is for me to lay aside everything that weights me down and look unto Jesus and persevere in my walk.  I take great courage from this scripture because really I wouldn't be able to move forward or persevere if I'm not looking to Jesus.
Another passage which gives me great joy is in 2 Timothy. Paul is saying how he fought the good the faith, he has finished his race and now he is ready to the receive the crown of righteousness that is laid before him. 
You too can also receive that same crown of righteousness, it's available to those have patience and perseverance. Fight the good of faith, resist temptation, avoid premature exposure and walk with God. 
So in rounding up, let's remember that life is not race, it's a journey. Let's stop rushing around and begin to focus on Jesus. 
Stay Blessed Folks





No comments:

Post a Comment