Thursday 18 April 2019

Being Strong when I am Weak

Hey everyone, it’s been a long while since i’ve Updated the blog. I’ve been recovering and regaining my strength. Over this time, I have had some personal revelations and I have one to share with you all.

Before I was struck down my leg infection, I was of the impression that I was strong in all areas and that nothing could bring me down, it was like I was an immovable force. Oh how wrong was I, when I had the infection, my life came to a halt, for the first time I was down, I was weak. I had to admit to myself that yes indeed, I was weak and I needed help from the people around me whether that was through prayer or through physical support.

During that time, I devoted my time to studying and I looked at a particular passage which I had looked at before but this time it had added importance. Isaiah 38:2-8 tells us of King Hezekiah, he was told by the Prophet, Isaiah, that he was going to die and he should put his house in order. Just imagine and what he was thinking at that point, it must have been shocking to hear this but nevertheless, King Hezekiah showed his strength when he turned his face to the wall and prayed to God. It was then that he broke down and the bible tells us that he ‘wept bitterly’

In the midst, God came through and strengthen him by adding 15 more years to his life. After taking encouragement from it, it was then I realised that in order for me to become strong again, I must first admit my weakness. Admitting you have a weakness and that you need help takes a lot of strength and courage

2 Corinthians 12:9-11 
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I am now reminded that in my weakness is when I am at my strongest. I pray that you can take encouragement from this. Remember that when you are weak, that is when you become strong......... 

Be blessed always


No comments:

Post a Comment