Tuesday 5 April 2016

My Fitness Journey




Hey guys it's been a while since I last updated you on my progress. So a few weeks ago, I decided to get myself a health trainer (it's a free service lol) so I can meet someone and discuss my goals with. At first I thought it wouldn't be beneficial but it turns out that it has become very beneficial.

My church (Salem International Christian Centre) is pretty central to my life and I have a few fellow Salemites, who are also interested in health and wellbeing so we decided to set up Salem Health and Fitness. It's pretty surreal but our main aim is to educate people how they can live healthy and well whilst pursuing your destiny.

Losing weight doesn't happen overnight, I have discovered this since I decided to improve my wellbeing, I had to change my mindset and also change my eating habits. I'm not gonna tell you that it's an easy fix but with hard work and dedicated, you can do it.

In one of my meetings with my health trainer she said this - 'Your body is a temple and your soul lives inside that temple'  Wow, very thought provoking, it then took me to a few scriptures

“Then the LORD said to me, “Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others.”
‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/hab.2.2.nlt


“Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:19-20‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1co.6.19-20.nlt


“All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth. Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:23-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1co.10.23-25.kjv

I soon realised that if I am going to be more healthier, I need to write it down and be able to visualise it, that way I will not be tempted to go off road. Temptations are real but when you have a goal in mind and you are focused, it will get easier.
It is very easy to go off road but it's even harder to get back on the road.

You may want to be more healthier, or you may even want to lose weight. Why don't we travel on the same road together. If you do have that passion, contact me or message me and we can take it from there.

Hope you are all blessed and I hope to see y'all very soon p.s. Would love to see you at my church also. Come and join us at Upton Park every Sunday from 9.30 onwards.

Ciao








No comments:

Post a Comment